Monday, August 18, 2008

Lake Visit

When my sister Stacey comes to visit it is my favorite part of a Utah summer. We always seem to do so many more fun things and see so much family.
















My sister Jamie made an awesome Survivor style game and split us into groups. This was our team, mixed with cousins, aunt, uncles, nieces, nephews, and siblings. We had to make our way through a ropes course, build a little boat to float down a stream, and have a food challenge that got pretty intense.























We had a few BBQ's at my parents house and Todd made the best steak I've had in a while. Nothing is truly complete without washing it down with cupcakes, mine and my mom's favorite!




































Emma just loooves cousins. This was her and Kennedy last year, and the picture below was them this year. I like the one above the best, Kennedy looks like Cruela Devil behind the wheel, and Emma looks like, well, like Emma.



















When we were little we only went home once a summer to see cousins and I feel very close to my cousins. I'm so glad that Camdyn and Kenna treated Emma like they've been friends for years. Emma looks like a little old lady in the picture below.



















For my parents 38th anniversary they treated us to Bangkok Chef. We all over ordered but enjoyed every bite!

















I am awesome at taking pictures of Emma, but not so much at capturing my own adult life. This was a random moment when I remembered to grab my camera and capture a simple BBQ and visiting outside. It's the little moments when we have some down time that are my favorite. Below we're playing cards, something we used to do a lot before we all had a bunch of kids.


















My favorite highlights during the Lakes visit that weren't captured on camera were...

*lunch and shopping sans children with Stacey
*outdoor movie of Batman Begins
*evening bike ride
*Mama Mia with my mom and all my sisters
*swimming and the water slide at Logan Pool
*watching Brody and how freaky good he was
*having Bundy play rock band with all the kids
*yummy whole wheat pancake and butter syrup breakfast
*taking forever to come up with a plan
*Emma playing with her cousins

I can't wait until next year! Next time there will be a minimum of 5 pictures a day.

5 comments:

Lee said...

I love the fun things you all do when the Lakes come, and sadly (for them) lots of fun things that they miss. Close extended family relationships are so much fun!

sincerely,
Your favorite aunt :)

Stacey said...

Thanks for rubbing that in Lee :> Don't worry I see it all for myself on the blogs and if not there then I read about it in the histories. I liked your good memories list Linny. Those sleepovers and pancakes were the best. I loved the outdoor movie too. That would have made a good picture. I love you in your family picture....Emma is looking off to the side, but it's cute of you.

Kylee said...

what's up with your parents treating YOU guys for THEIR anniversary. That doesn't sound right... But it looks like you had a lot of fun with the Lakes! I always love it when they come. Those pictures are cute!

The Call Family said...

Sounds fun! I have one memory of Stacey and it was when we were little and her and a boy (maybe her boyfriend:) took you and I to Fountain Hills to hang out:) She was always so nice! She even wrote a really sweet card to our family when our dad passed away and that will always be remembered too:)

Annie said...

Boy did that trip with Stacey go fast. Too fast. I'm not used to her staying so short. You did a great recap.