Thursday, August 21, 2008

summer lovin' happened so fast

Here are some of the random highlights from our summer.

















I bought Emma 2 new My Little Ponys and she takes them everywhere. She gets confused by the "my" and as a result she calls them "Mommy's little ponys."
















We went to the Brigham Pool and met Sara and the boys there. Emma adores Caleb and he is so cute to play with her. Just a little tip, Brigham is the best pool around and if I buy a pass next year it will definitely be out there.
































I bought Emma a season pass to the dinosaur park and it was the perfect summer activity. Sometimes we would go alone, or sometimes we would invite friends. I just love the picture below of Emma and Lily.

















We went to the pool a lot this year, but didn't buy a pass, which I'm glad about. This is Emma and her cousin Milly, who hopefully will be her BFF next year.
















We had been so good at the start of summer with having regular date nights with one of our best friends Cody and Holly Stowers. This was at Good Wood, which was good, but I prefer Texas Roadhouse.























It is very rare for Emma to fall asleep in the car anymore. This was when she and Ryan were having a daddy/daughter date and he took her to the dinosaur park and up to Causey Reservoir, that's a lot of fun for one little Woogie.


















My mom and dad hired Ryan to come up once a week and do some work for them around their property. Emma was always so excited to get an extra visit in and to run around on the farm.























Emma and Addi at the Ogden River Parkway

8 comments:

Hayley said...

You snapped the cutest pictures! You look like you guys have had a lot of fun, I can't believe the summer I long-awaited is nearly over. It's crazy how fast time flies isn't it?

Emma is a doll. I still rememeber when she was just a tiny, brand new bundle in pink with so much dark hair. Again, time flies!!

Kylee said...

Yay for summer! But now it's almost over :( Do you really like the Brigham Pool better than Logan? I haven't been there ever since Logan got their own so I have forgotten how fun or not fun it is. (Whichever fits best). Maybe I'll have to check it out.

Dream Big Designs said...

It looks like you guys had an awesome summer. I am so sad to see the sun go away. I would still love to get together sometime soon. If you want I can plan a BBQ at our place, or up a canyon somewhere before it gets too cold. Let me know when you have some free time, and I will try and talk to all the other old oregonians. Thanks.

Annie said...

Such cute pics of your activities. Summer rocks. But fall rules. I'm sure you'll have some grand fall activities planned. We should go to Thanksgiving Point again. Anyone/anyone?

Lee said...

My favorite thing from that post was how emma calls my little ponies "mommy's little ponies" so funny. Have the ponies replaced the dinosaurs? That reminds me when Kylee was little she thought sneezes were called "bless you's" because whenever she sneezed, I'd say "bless you." Thanks for sharing the darling picts (was it a coincidence that milly and emma had matching swim suits?)

Jord said...

What a doll! I'm glad you had fun in the sun and love that we have the matching pink suit with brown polka dots.

Unknown said...

I love summers!! I'm sad it's almost over for Travis and I - school starts the 25th.
Anyway, the class you and Ryan taught was so amamzing! Travis and I have a good marriage but we have done even better since we started your class. It has stimulated some great talks, so thank you, I feel so blessed to have taken that class. Thanks for all your hard work, you guys did an excellent job!

Valerie: said...

you guys always do such fun stuff. Glad your having a great summer. Its almost over and i am so excited. I just cant wait for this baby to come out. Sadly we still have it hot till october here ugggg