Monday, August 11, 2008

Moose, Owls, and cliff jumping oh my!


















Last weekend we went camping up North Fork in Liberty with the Jensens. This is my aunt and uncle who we left Emma with while we went to Thailand. Bundy worked up a pretty decent sweat providing firewood for the camp out and Mike made a very yummy dutch oven dinner.











My mom joined us for dinner and then took Emma back to sleep at her house so I didn't have to worry about her the whole night. It was so nice to be able to play cards and visit and just enjoy being outside, thanks mom for taking her!


We stayed up really late that night visiting and playing cards. Then everyone went to bed around midnight and Ryan and I took a blanket over to another camp spot and laid on their picnic table and watched the shooting stars, the weather was just perfect!











In the morning we went and picked Emma up around 9:00, in which we had to wake her up of coarse. Then she came back and joined us for breakfast and playing with the kids. She thought she had quite the camping experience, three hours goes a long way for a little Woogie.















It's so nice to have cousins that just take care of her and cart her around. Both Ryan and I are the youngest, and we both feel like that is the best place to fall. However, being with the Jensens gives me a taste of what it might be like to have little siblings, and now I wonder if I didn't miss out on something after all.







For anyone that likes to go camping, check out North Fork in Liberty, it's just beautiful with lots of private camping spots. Early in the morning there was an owl in our camp and it scared me pretty bad. Ryan got up to investigate and also found a cow moose, her calf, and a bull moose all came within a few yards of him. It's a great place to camp and just so beautiful.








After camping we went up to Causey reservoir for everyone, except me, to cliff jump. I was so impressed with everyone who went off the 25 foot cliff. Even Lee and Mike did it. Emma even did a little jump, I think she may have gone off a higher cliff if Ryan (the over protective one of the two of us) would have let her. Then we went to Hunstville, my favorite park, for a great picnic and some relaxing. It was a great day and by the time we got home we were spent! Thanks again Jensens for inviting us, and thank mom for keeping Emma!!!

6 comments:

Dream Big Designs said...

I would love to get together with all the Oregon pals. Just let me know when and where and we will be there. I would also be more than happy to make some cakes for you.

Lee said...

Wow- you're such a great photographer! You really captured the fun of the weekend with all your great photos :) We had an awesome time as well (which is shown by my getting my post done before yours) and can't wait to do it again!

Kylee said...

It was so fun having you guys there! I'm sorry that you weren't able to cliff jump.. you didn't miss much though, that last one was too freaky!

Stanford Family said...

Sounds like a fun camping trip. I love North Fork-it's one of my favorite places to camp. Hey, so when is number two going to be on the way?

Jackie Greenwood said...

It looks like you had so much fun! Isn't it fun to have some grown-up time, without the kidlets hee hee! Have a wonderful day!

Lee said...

I just saw your family picts on your moms blog, and you did an awesme job with the individual family picts! Way to go girl. You look fabulous in the serious pose of just you (I'm sure you whipped your hair around but good before that shot) but I love you better smiling :)