Friday, August 29, 2008

Until next year...








Cannon Beach is the most charming little town I've ever been to. Aside from Cusco, Peru this is my favorite town. Hydrangea bushes are in full bloom on every side walk. There are no chain restaurants or even chain gas stations, which keeps this town just so quaint and charming.
























Our hotel was number 8 on this map, jut to give an idea of it's prime location.


































Friday we woke up to rain, which was disappointing but not surprising. We had breakfast at Cannon Beach bakery, again my favorite, and then checked out and headed to seaside. We took Emma on her first bumper cars and I enjoyed having my father-in-law and I chase each other around the track.













Margo and Clay Bundy















This is Julie with her new boyfriend Chad. We've always had a great chance to gt to know the guys she has dating, and Chad is by far our favorite.














Next year we're thinking we'll stay three nights. We always have such a great time and never get everything done that we would like to. When I was little we had a beach house in Cannon Beach and so I just have so many memories here and such great sentiment tied to this little town. This trip will for sure be the "high" of my year.

5 comments:

Hayley said...

Wow! Could you have any more fun? This looks absolutely beautiful. I have been to this area just once before, but seeing pics of it again makes me want to go back ASAP!

Thanks for the update!

Kylee said...

So pretty! That's awesome that you were so close to the beach. I don't even remember any of that from when we came to visit you guys when I was like 12. That's pretty sad. I'm glad to hear you guys are having fun!

Annie said...

Seriously, tonight I'm thinking we made a huge mistake by moving to Utah.........glad you're having fun.

Jamie Jo said...

Wwwaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!! I miss Cannon Beach so much. I loved taking my bigs there, and I wish I could take the littles. Your vacation is killing me, smalls!!

Stacey said...

That's funny Jamie said "smalls". Do you know what that is from? We're heading there in October. I'm with you, I want to stay atleast 2 or 3 nights. Whenever we do it's so much more fun. It could be raining any time of year downn there, but it never takes away from the beauty. Just adds to it.