Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Headbands, Hair cut, & Halloween decor


Yesterday I finally decided to get out all of my excess and left over fabric I had lying around and make some headbands and hair bows. They turned out pretty cute, especially considering how cheaply I made them. However it was quite the mess and learning curve so I don't intend on making more any time too soon. At least not by myself.


This headband was intended to be for the girls but it turned out larger than I expected. Oh well, I need something to spice up my accessories.



Lydia's hair has been due for a hair cut for sometime now. It's so fine that it tangles easily and it hasn't been growing as long in the back as it does in the front. I didn't want to drive to my girl in Brigham, so I decided to just go for it and cut it myself. This is the first time (and trust me, there have been many times) that my taking the scissors into my own hands has actually turned out okay. I don't plan on being her hairstylist, but for just this once it was a good idea. It helps that I put product in it and used my chi to flip it out. It's cute for a change but I love her ringlets the most.















9 comments:

Jessica said...

oh my GOSH!!! That does not even look like Lydia with straight hair. So freaking cute though. You did a good job. She looks so old! And that first pictures of the girls are darling!!!! I might have to make some of those headbands, they are so cute. Although maybe not if they are that hard. We'll see. And I love your halloween decorations!

Lee said...

I second everything Jess said! You are amazing girl! Love the decor for halloween. I have to get there and see it in person soon! It's making me crazy that it's been so long! I love Emma's poses when she lifts one of her shoulders. That's so her!

Kylee said...

I third everything that Jess and Mom said. Lydia totally looks like a different girl and older and WAY cute! I cut my own hair the other day too (just a trim) and it turned out ok as well. Who needs hairstylists?! (That's a complete joke, because it's probably just a fluke that I didn't mess anything up) Anyway, will you help me make some cute Halloween decorations sometime? I just love yours! Especially the jars and the triangle streamer things. Also, are there more house pictures coming?? I sort of saw your dining room in one of those, but I want more! :)

Annie said...

Wait. Was that Lydia with the bangs. Honestly, she looks like a different girl. She went from cute to even cuter. And I loved the pic with her hand over her mouth.

Ashley said...

Holy cow! Your girls are beautiful, your decorations rock, and your characters for hunger games are spot on!!! Lovin it.

Jackie Greenwood said...

You are so talented! I love the headbands, and your girls are darling!

Unknown said...

LOVE YOUR DECOR. Do you make it by yourself?

Stacey said...

I didn't know you had such a cute front porch. I need to see better outside pics of your house. I also need for you to teach me how to make those bows this summer so I can use them next year for a Super Saturday class! All of you girls look adorable!

Jamie Jo said...

I don't think I would have known that was her if I had just seen that pic somewhere else. Should you make Milly some headbands and bows?