Friday, October 22, 2010

Wee Witches


These are Emma's friends that she has had since she was a brand new baby. We used to do everything together. But as life would have it, we hardly see each now. So I thought this would be a perfect activity for the little girls to reunite.
From left to right is Emma, Addi Malmberg, Daviny Rasmussen, and Lily Stowers.





I sent the girls on a scavenger hunt. I started them with a photo of something in our house or yard, then they had to find the location and search for their next photo that would have the next location to go to. There were prizes and treats at various spots along the way. I was thrilled with how delighted the girls were with the adventure.

I couldn't help myself. I'm sure 4 year olds don't recognize a "theme" when they see one. However, with Emma being a candy corn witch this year I couldn't help myself but to make everything candy corn themed. The cheese balls were the party favor and the orange bread was dyed from Lee's market place. Those are candy corn rice krispy treats that I must say they turned out cuter than tastier.





I have ALWAYS wanted to have a little dinner party somewhere up in the woods. Even as an adult I think it would be divine. Our front yard was a good substitute and the girls loved it as much as I did.






Thanks for coming little witches!!!







11 comments:

Erin said...

Mother of the year goes to....(drum roll please)....LINDSEY!

You are just simply amazing!
Those little girls are VERY lucky to have you as their mommy!

PS. Those are some cute little witches!!

Kylee said...

Ahhh SOO cute!! I love it!! Could you be more creative??

Lee said...

You are such a fun mom. You never cease to amaze. Keep that creative mind thinking. I love using it to my advantage :) And as cute and creative as it was, I'll bet it didn't cost you that much. So you can be creative and fun w/o spending a lot of money, right?

SaraPete said...

To DIE for!!!!! I want to be Emma...life must be so magical for her!!

Unknown said...

I hope you don't mind I'm Carrie M.'s cousin, and I look at your blog OFTEN. But I don't think I've commented before.

What a FANTASTIC and FUN party! Cute EVERYTHING. Seriously... You are AMAZING.

Annie said...

OF COURSE you did this party for the girls. I need your imput for my Halloween Party:O

Holls said...

So cute! I have to say Lily came home from your party in such a chipper little mood so I know she had a great time and from the pictures I can tell it was a blast for them. Thank you so much for going to all that work. Those pictures make it all worth it!

Stacey said...

What is wrong with me? I asked Todd that today. Is is that I work 2 days, I don't think so. Is it 4 kids and oen of them a demanding 3 year old. No, cause he's not that hard. Is it just life with 4 busy kids has caught up with me nad I 'm just tired and lost my desire? I think that's the ticket.....and I'm not sure if i want to get it back and how to get it back!

Jamie Jo said...

I want to be you in my next life.

tutus n bowties said...

What a cute idea and fun for your little ones. I love the girls customs!!

Carrie said...

I swear I already commented but I guess not or it didn't save. All these comments rolled up into one from me. So lucky to have you and your creative mind to inspire me. Don't ever stop or change, um K!