Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Where the magic happens


I finally have the Master bedroom finished. When we first toured this house the smell of cat urine was unbearable. Then when we saw the Master bedroom we thought "deal breaker." It was my mom who saw the potential of making the bedroom "cozy and cute" that made us move forward with this house.

















So if you can tell there was hideous wallpaper, and rotten bead board from the urine. I removed the wall paper, which took hours, and Ryan removed the bead board, and the wood trim around the cove. Then he had to re-mud the ceiling and replaces all the baseboards (he did that in the whole house anyway.)


Oh and the carpet, that went bye-bye of course.











I made this lamp. I saw it in a magazine somewhere and loved the idea. It is the only light fixture in the room, which is weird, but it makes for a great reading light, as long as we are both reading and one of us isn't trying to sleep.












I adore this curtain. I love everything ruffled. I was on the verge of splurging and buying something similar from Anthropology, but after searching the Internet time and time again I finally found a knock off for $25. Score! It's actually a shower curtain, but I made it work for our curtain.


























15 comments:

Heather C Taylor said...

Will you please decorate my house for me when we have one one day? I LOVE what you did to that room-the whole house!!!

Lee said...

That room is divine! I LOVE it. you both did an amazing job!

Jessica said...

I seriously love your house and I love that room, so so cute. Love the colors.. Is it the same color as my bathroom?

Jamie Jo said...

You have such a good touch! That room looks so soothing, inviting, and romantical.

Valerie: said...

very cute..interesting how that one ceiling goes up..dont know if that is the right word but there is like a hole. Cool though. So did these people just have tons of cats and they were house cats that just peed every where? I just dont get how you could live like that UGG So great you guys were able to clean it all up and be able to buy new carpet ect. I am sure the whole house is soooo cute now.

Kylee said...

Ahhh I LOVE it!! Love love love it! I bet you're so happy to finally have your room finished. That would be at the top of my list for sure. Can't wait to see more!

Annie said...

I hate to say...I TOLD you...nobody likes peopoe like that (he he).

Annie said...

P.S. Catchy title!!!winkwink

Carrie said...

I LOVE IT! So refreshing, have you ever thought about going into interior decorating? You could make a pretty penny doing what you are great at(;

JaNae said...

I have to say I'm very impressed with the way that room turned out! It looks great.

The Fife's said...

I love it! Good job!
Shower curtain brilliant

Stacey said...

Your room reminds me of the tranquility of Winter Quarters. Don't you think? Now where's that vogue sign. Would it match. You do have the touch. Our tastes seem the same but how come our styles come out different. Your use of color is fun. I forgot, I'm on the side of never wanting to repaint for as long as we both shall live.

Lisa said...

the room is lovely...looks Tiffany's blue on my computer, it's perfect! Now here's a question. I love the brown carpet I have seen in several of your rooms. Where did ya get it and what is the name of the color??? Thanks so much :)

Unknown said...

I'm a cousin of Carrie M's and I occasionally look at your blog. That room is breath-taking. I LOVE LOVE it. Good Job!

Kenzie said...

Amazing! Can you tell me where you got the knock off shower curtain? I must have one!
Kenzie
foxfirepromotions@gmail.com