Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cousins Rule!


This last weekend I got together with my two little sister cousins. Both are newly married and so much fun to be around. We first met in Ogden for dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Then the boys went to the Priesthood session while we went up to my parents house and my mom showed us some craftiness with pumpkins.


This picture is out of order. It was taken Sunday morning. It's too much work to reload all the pictures, but it's too cute to leave out. This is Kylee and Brody, they're a familiar face on my blog.

This is Sydney, Kylee and I with our pumpkins. Notice how cute the Ky and Syd's striped pumpkins are. I also love Kylee's polka dots.

After the boys got back Emma helped me make Stacey's Pumpkin Paradise cake.

The boys played rock band while we worked on our pumpkins a little bit more. Then we played some couple games and sat in the hot tub. I think the earliest anyone went to bed was around 2am.




My made this "vase" from her garden. It is even more beautiful up close.

This is a little lantern that my mom got us started with as well. I should have lit the candle to show the charm of it.

These pumpkins were a fun way to get creative.

On Sunday we watched the morning session of conference and had a yummy breakfast. My favorite talk was President Monson's talk in the Sunday morning session. It just really hit home with me.

Afterwards the six of us loaded into my parent's truck and we drove around the valley. Although it was rainy it was a really beautiful morning. We stopped at a couple homes that were under construction and helped ourselves to a tour. Wow! We found one house that kept us entertained for nearly an hour.

Thanks so much for coming girls. It really was so much fun. Thanks mom and dad for the yummy Sunday dinner and for being such generous hosts. Can't wait for next time :)

7 comments:

Chelsey said...

Lindsey, it's okay that I had to HACK into your blog through Cody and Holly's. Dang cute pictures of Emma, obviously I don't know how to take photos. A few pointers would be much appreciated. I'm not spying and I hope it's okay that I looked. Thanks.

Lee said...

You're right- our last weekend wasn't as fun as the previous one. Your weekend looks and sounded like a lot of fun. LOVE the pict of K&B. Thanks for doing that. That's so funny you would notice that shot of Jake getting the conf. picnic. I thought of you when I saw how he's smiling and I was going to tell you to enlarge it and get a good laugh! Way to be on the ball

tutus n bowties said...

good times with good people! thanks again!

The Fife's said...

What a fun idea with the pumpkins. I am going out tonight to get some to decorate. I LOVE your Photo blog. It has taught me alot about how to take pictures. Call me for a play date. I have Fridays off. Love ya

Kylee said...

I had so much fun too! Thanks for always planning fun stuff for us!

Jamie Jo said...

I'm so jealous I don't have cousins I'm friends with and can play with. Margaret and Catherine are the only ones I would call my friends, out of 50+ cousins, and they live in Colorado and Arizona. I hope you never take for granted your relationship with those girls.

SaraPete said...

Those pumpkins are so freakin cute! Why didn't I get one creative bone in my body??? "No Fair" as Jaken would say :)