Sunday, October 12, 2008

Muggle Party


We went to the coolest party on Friday. It was a Harry Potter theme and just as clever as could be. My parents friend hosted it in an old church he bought.
They had the sorting hat to help you find where to sit in the dining hall.
I went as Hermione Granger and Ryan went as Hot Rod from the movie. The Petes came too and my parents.
This guy put blocks in his shoes to really fulfill the role of Hagrid.

They had a fishing pole at the Black Lake

A train ride on the Hogwarts Express


A potions class where the kids used chemicals to make a picture that disappeared
This is Diagon Alley

The Leaky Cauldron served soups and doughnuts


Below is the picture of the real Hot Rod from the movie, don't they look alike? I need to pose Bundy the same way and do a comparison.








7 comments:

Holls said...

Those costumes are the BEST! And that Halloween party looked like it totally rocked! I bet Bundy was pretty into the Hogwarts theme. What a muggle.:)

Stacey said...

Was this that guy whose rock church house burnt down? Was this a ward activity or just for friends? Where did he get that train? I think I've had some fun parties but this one is pretty involved. Who sported the cost of it all?

Lindsey said...

Yeah this was the guy who used to live in the old red rock church. He paid for almost everything but asked people to bring a soup or doughnuts or some small contribution. This doesn't even do justice to the decorations and activities and games for the kids. It wasn't a ward activity, just a halloween party that he opened up to friends and their family.

Kylee said...

Yes you should totally do a comparison! I'd be really interested to see how close it would look. We saw that movie the other night by the way and we both thought it was hilarious! We had to watch a few scenes about 3 times over! I'm pretty sure it's Brody's new favorite movie of all time. Sorry we didn't wait to watch it with you guys, but we'd be up for watching it again anytime! What a cute and fun party! It looks really creative.

Lee said...

How cool! What a neat guy to go to all that work. Surely he had help setting it all up? I couldn't see on your costume- but did you have the striped socks on? Looks like a lot of fun. I esp. liked the one of you and hagrid. Oh, and of the back of emma at the sorting hat. Fun, fun.

Annie said...

Too bad I didn't "get it" because I've never read any Harry Potter books! But still an amazing night.

Tracy said...

This party is AMAZING!! I am just dumbfounded at how creative this party was...HOLY COW!The costumes are amazing...the invites are amazing...the decor and activities were amazing...man oh man! I am seriously impressed! Utah really is Halloween capital of the world!