Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fall Field Trip


Emma and I had our first "field trip." I hope to have a fun field trip quarterly that will be a full day or two of seasonal activities. This was our first and I had so much fun with Emma and love how excited and appreciative she is about everything we do. Our first stop was Firehouse Pizza for lunch. I loved having lunch with just her and asking her questions and giving her my undivided attention, instead of just trying to keep her quiet. Firehouse is a must on Tuesdays because kids eat free :) Gotta love that!


Our next stop was to my favorite store ever, Dear Lizzie. It's in Alpine and it has jewelery, a clothing boutique, fancy sweets, and the cutest home decor. I have yet to buy anything from there but I'm just happy to walk around and soak up it's magic.





If I were to ever buy anything from this store, which it's incredibly overpriced so I doubt I ever will, I would want to buy this glittery chandelier, this is what I call a real treasure (as far as home decor goes)


Emma had been such a good girl all day, considering she never had a nap, and so I thought I would spoil her with an ice-cream sundae. Ice-cream and sugar is something this girl doesn't see much of. The funny part is that we didn't even finish half of it....fine by me!


Next we were off to Corn Belly's, her most favorite place ever. These pictures are inside the Lizard's body. It is rather scary, but that's the fun of taking your little toddler in there.



Corn Belly's could entertain kids all day! Sadly, a little goes a long way with me, so we only stayed 2 hours.

After Corn Bellys we cruised down to Provo for me to complete one of my goals for the year and spend the night with my Aunt Yevon. She made us a yummy dinner and we stayed up late talking. It went just as I had hoped and I'm sooo glad I went. It's definitely something I need to do more often.
Von treated us to breakfast at Kneader's Bakery for some yummy french toast . It was so good and just hit the spot. Afterwards we went to see Rick at the courthouse. That was sooo interesting to me. I think everyone should get a chance to see Rick in action, it's quite entertaining to take a step out of the bubble that most of us live in.



After my morning with Yevon I went to Gardner Village to meet up with Tracy and her girls Emmy and Ally. They have so much fun together and it's great to have kids that get along so well. We saw the witches and let the big girls have a pony ride as well.

Allyson was so good to just sit in her stroller and watch the big girls have all the fun.

I can't think of anything that would have made these past two days more fun. This little girl of mine is pretty much the luckiest girl I know.

This is a very RARE occasion when Emma just chills out and falls asleep in the car, but who can blame her after 2 of the best days of her life :) Nothing is sweeter to me than a sleeping child.

15 comments:

Kristen said...

You're crazy. I hate looking through stores where I love everything but can't buy anything. I have to keep myself out of places like that, but I admire you for enjoying the window shopping. :)

Julie said...

You can never spoil a child with too much of your time and love. Emma is truly a lucky girl to have a mom like you. (Ok, that ice cream sundae looked wicked. Too bad you can't take ice cream home in a take-out container when you can't finish something that yummy!)

Lee said...

What a fun two days, and could the weather have been any nicer? I love the pict of her downing the firehouse pasta. It was interesting to us too to take a tour of Ricks court, although we went on a Saturday so didn't get to see him in action. I hope you called him "your honor"

Vonnie said...

I'm SO GLAD you could come down for a little visit Lindsey. I loved every minute of it and feel flattered that you would want to come and stay with us and just chat and hang out. It was fun to get to know Emma better. She certainly is a darling little girl and I loved it that she wanted to give me a kiss on the lips. Such a sweet girl. Please come again soon and bring Ryan! His Honor was pleased that you would go to see him in action! What was it that Emma said about the defendants? It was priceless.

Jamie Jo said...

Is it possible that there is any child in the history of the Earth with a life any sweeter then Emma Lee Bundy's?

Shannon Allen said...

Ok Linny, mom of the year! What a fun two days! You are so like your mother in your creativity and ability to help children feel so special and loved! I know all those places were so fun but I know a really magical place not far from me that could definitely compete when you are up for it!

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Your so cute with emma and so go to take her on special trips!

The Fife's said...

You are the CUTEST mom ever. Way to go on achieving another goal:)

Hayley said...

What a great way to take advantage of the time you have to be alone wih Emma. Great ideas and I'm sure Emma will always love and appreciate the time of one-on-one with her mom. Great work!

Tracy said...

What an amazing mom you are. Just keep banking up those relationship points...you'll need them in a few years :) I can't wait to meet Emma one of these days!!

Andrea and Eric said...

Wow Lindsey! You are simply amazing! If you ever have a cute mom class, sign me up!

Kylee said...

How fun! Where was Ryan in all this fun stuff? Emma really is so lucky to have such a fun mom!

tutus n bowties said...

Fun times! I'm sad to have missed you girls, but that just means you will have to make a trip back!

Trace Skeen said...

I miss that little girl so much!

Stacey said...

That looked exhausting, but memorable. That is my motto....it may be a hassle, draining, alot of planning/cleaning/packing....but if it creates great memories then it's worth all of that.