Sunday, October 19, 2008

The LONGEST BEST day ever....for Emma


On Saturday we had a party at my parent's house. We started in the morning at 9:00 by helping them prepare their property for winter. I worked for 2 hours and can't believe how very little I got done. I can't believe they used to do all of this by themselves!!


After working my mom made us a very yummy lunch. These "mummy dogs" are a great hit with adults and kids for the Halloween season.


After lunch we enjoyed one of our favorite traditions that my mom calls "Door Prizes." The kids go around to every different door on the property and trick or treat. They went to the garage door, front door, back door, playhouse door, barn door, guesthouse door, bunk house door, and the fort entry. After making the loop twice their little goodie bags were filled to the brim.

Emma is soooo lucky to have so many cousins and second cousins that she gets to see on a regular basis.




We went straight from my parents to Lily and Jack Stower's birthday party. We just love Holly and Cody's families and are always so flattered when we get invited to come to their events. Holly did a great job on having fun Halloween games and Halloween treats, I wish I would have got better pictures.

She had a doughnut eating contest for all the dads and Ryan got pretty into it. His doughnut was covered in grass at one point but he just kept on going.




Next it was on to the Treehouse Museum for their Enchanted Woods event. They have costumed storybook tellers throughout the museum who share tales and treats for the kids. We went with the Malmbergs and although Emma and Addi were a bit young, they still had fun dressing up and getting out.


At the very end they see a large costumed dragon re-enact a storybook tale on stage. The girls were quite mesmerized. Ryan and I have a phrase we use often, we like to summarize the day's activities by saying "This was a good day to be Emma."

10 comments:

Holls said...

I love the picture of Bundy eating his donut. He definately looks the most into it. Grass and all! Speaking of grass- are you sure it was x-box he stayed up all night playing? He looked PRETTY stoned.:)It's okay Bundy, it went well with the costume.

Kylee said...

How fun! I love that you have so many events to wear your costume to! I'm pretty sure I'll only wear mine once... sad. I also love that your parents always go all out! The door thing is such a cute idea! (p.s. did those hot dogs have eyes?)

Jamie Jo said...

Isn't every day a good day to be Emma? I wish I had a better picture of you guys and your costumes, they were so great. I have got to watch Hot Rod. That donut game looked awesome. I'll have to remember that for my next party. I am seriously considering getting a Treehouse pass for this winter. We could make it a tradition. Hey, should Emma come spend the night soon?

Julie said...

Lindsey, thanks for the kind comments on my blog. I don't think I told you how adorable you were as Hermione. It was a GREAT costume, as was Emma's and "Hot Rod"s. And thanks for being such a good friend to Holls. And Emma to Lily.

Stacey said...

Where DID you get that costume? It is very darling. My hands are freezing and I can hardly type right now. Emma looked adorable.

Carrie said...

I'm glad we went too. . .we needed to get out! I'm sad we missed the stowers party! It looked so fun! I am dreading this winter. . .let's start planning things to do now!(;

Vonnie said...

Cute pictures of a great activity Lindsey. Emma looks so cute in her bumble bee costume. It looks like a productive and fun day.

The Poulsen Family said...

I love Bundy's costume, my husband loves that movie and thought that he looked just like Hot Rod. Looks like it was a day of fun for everyone!

Unknown said...

Wow! What a fun but busy day! It seems like you and your family are always doing something fun and creative!

Lee said...

Loved seeing the picts. I esp liked the full length one of you showing your cute striped socks. . . Everyone's costumes looked so cute. So did your parents get all the yard work done that they needed to? You'll have to be sure and notice on my new post the screen saver on Jessica's laptop (bet you can't guess who it will be) and the picts of us playing scum. There are some pretty funny faces in that one- esp notice Mike wearing Brody's knit hat. He just can't pull it off.