Thursday, October 9, 2008

Isn't it about TIME?


Most, if not all, of my friends who are moms are in the "survival" stage of motherhood. Battling multiple kids, or being a working mom. I really took to heart President Monson's talk on Sunday and re-evaluated my life and the amount of surplus TIME that I have. I am so excited about my new determination to take advantage of this TIME in my life and Emma's where everything just matches up for us. From now on my mornings are devoted to her. I don't need to run errands or get out of the house or get together with friends every morning, if that has to be done I can do it after nap time. From now on Emma is my new best friend and I am her best friend. If we go to the park, it will just be she and I. If we go to lunch, it will just be she and I. I want to give her my undivided attention, when I can, and play with her like she's the last child I'll ever have. So Emma, here's to us, let the REAL adventure begin!



Every time we drew a character she had to lay down on top of them and give them loves (hugs)

She wanted to lay next to "Emma" and hold her hand. She's desperate for a little sibling. We're doing what we can, but for now a chalk drawing will have to do.

9 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, Lindsey, you are right. It is about TIME for all of us. We'll never, ever regret time spent with loved ones. You can never give someone too much love and spending time with them is, for me, one of the ultimate ways to show that love. Thanks for the reminder. (And the pics of Emma are adorable!)

Jamie Jo said...

From now on? Isn't Emma already your best friend and vice versa? I've always figured all you do is dote on her and play with her. That surprised me to hear you talk as though you need to be a more devoted mother, since you are the most devoted mother I know. Crap--if you think you need to improve, then I'm really stinking it up!

Lee said...

I LOVED pres. monson's talk too. Way to take it to heart. Emma will have great memories of this time- even if it's only through pictures and video.

Annie said...

That picture of her on the sidewalk made me laugh so hard!!

Jackie Greenwood said...

How fun! Emma is going to love these great times with her mommy! I told Kyle that he wouldn't be able to see you on Sundays, and he started to cry, ahhhh. We will totally still have to get together and do something.

Carrie said...

Good for you! Emma is so lucky to have such a great mom! I agree that it seems you already spend all your time together. I guess we all can step it up though and what better way to show her your love. I think for me it's having PATIENCE. Addi and I need breaks from each other once in awhile. We're both happier.(:lol

The Poulsen Family said...

Skeen you've inspired me to go play with my girl outside, even though it's butt cold (I apologize for my potty language :) We went outside and played with chalk (just like you guys) Pres Monson is so amazing, I love his quote, "So frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."-Thomas S. Monson
and it seems like you've already got that down. Thanks for your great example!

Tracy said...

you are such a great mom! I love the relationship you are fostering with Emma.

Trace Skeen said...

We are sorry to inform you that your request for increased solitude which diminishes opportunities for collateral interaction between daughter of the first party and father of the first party, the first party being La Duqe, is hereby denied. Visitation rights are not only re-established with fataher of the first party but measurably increased.