Thursday, October 9, 2008

Goals

Just to keep myself accountable for the goals I have set I thought I would do a little update of how they're coming along. True, some of them are still a bit of a struggle, but for the most part this has really helped me find value in the concept of time and how I spend it.

HIKE BEN LOMOND- I made this happen a couple weekends ago when Kylee and Brody came to stay. I pretty much forced everyone to do it but there were no complaints and we had a rgeat time. I had no interest to summit, been there done that. The colors were beautiful without setting this as a written goal I really don't think I would have made it happen.



GO TO THE CHURCH CANNERY- Our friends the Millets made this happen for us. Reservations have to be made months in advance and so I'm so glad Janae got on the ball for us. The Rasmussens also joined us and we had a really great time. Ryan and I came home with much more than we anticipated, but I can't even express the peace of midn it gives me.


HAVE JOY SCHOOL WITH EMMA 3 DAYS A WEEK- I really really have to concentrate on making this happen. I've found it much easier to branch out of staying inside our little class room and taking her oppertunities to learn everywhere we go. Here we are having a play date (more about that later) and I took some time to help her with her counting, colors and shapes. I feel more patient and have better self esteem when I know I focus all my energy on her.

TAKE A GREAT FMAILY PICTURE AT CANNON BEACH- I don't know what happened to this goal. I pretty much forgot once we got there. We don't even have a picture of all 3 of us together. However, Ryan did take this picture, so he is involved with it and plus I think it is pretty sweet. So no complaints on this goal. There's always next year.

3 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

That picture is awesome!!! It's too bad you don't live closer so we could do a Joy School together. Or at least field trips once a month.

Lee said...

I'm impressed with your goals and mostly for writing them down for all to see and question you about ie: how's that once a day bread intake coming??? I didn't even notice if it's still there on the sidebar. . . good job on your determination.

AR Frank said...

Good goals. I think you should add one more for your and Ryan: catch up with old MTC buddies. Go here: http://thefabfranks.blogspot.com/
How the heck are you guys??